Dry Fruit Kheer
Submitted on: 18-02-2012, Visits: 198
1 litre Milk
3/4 cup Sugar
15 strands saffron crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. hot milk
1/4 tsp. Cardamom Powder
10-12 no. Almonds slivered
10-12 no. Pistachios, slivered
5-6 no. Dried Peaches (quartered)
5-6 no. dried Apricots, nut removed, broken to bits
10-12 no. Raisins
10-12 no. Currants
- Soak raisins, currant, peaches, apricots, in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Boil milk with cardamom, saffron and sugar for 10 minutes.
- Drain the previously soaked dry fruit, add to the boiling milk, and stir gently.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add almonds, pistachios, and take off from fire.
- Serve hot .